Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nookie Team Rider Ron Fischer's Introduction

Hello! My name is Ron and for a few months now I’ve been a member of the amazing Nookie Team Riderz. So, It’s time for me to write something in the blog.

My mission for the cold months this winter was and remains, to paddle the awesome rivers down in Chile. I’ve been here for two months now and I don’t want to go home. Lots of rivers, lots of water, warm temperatures, good people and a beautiful landscape. Together with the incredible Nookie gear makes this area the perfect winter resort for kayakers.

We began our trip in Pucon, which is a great place to paddle a lot of small creeks. Then we took our car and drove south all the way down to the Rio Bravo. On the way I paddled some of the best rivers I’ve ever run like the Llangahue, Rio Fuy, Futaleufu and Michimahuida.


So now I’m sitting in my car, writing this in very bad Swiss/English (for Dan to translate back at Nookie HQ in Cornwall, England) and waiting until the mechanic has fixed the broken alternator. I hope it works this afternoon so we can continue our trip to the Rio Baker and Bravo.

So, have fun, ride a turn in the snow for me and we will hopefully see you somewhere on the river.

Don Ron