Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just for fun


Life as a team rider is not all class 5 creeks and huge waves, today Alex and I spent a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon cruising our local run, the Vorderrhein. In autumn there is little water in the canyon but luckily just a enough to scrape down. Crisp light, clear air and blue skies make the perfect backdrop for a few photos with my new wide angle lens. There was of course a very serious work like reason to take to the water, Alex wanted to try his new Assault jacket and I am busy working out the perfect solution for a dry suit. You will all be pleased to hear we both arrived at the take out dry and warm, hooray for good clothing.



It is worth mentioning that the water temperature was under 6.5 degrees, easy white water it may be but make a mistake and you need good clothing to keep you alive, thanks Nookie for keeping me, my friends and other paddlers safe on the river.
James
www.jamesweir.net