Monday, May 04, 2009


Schweizer Meister


A few weeks ago Doug wrote a long and detailed blog of his antics running up to and during the GB freestyle team trails, I am afraid my attention span isn't what it used to so here is my short and sweet account of my preparation for the Swiss team trails...


To go to worlds you need to win a place in a national team, I decided not to paddle for GB but to paddle for Switzerland. There is no complicated political reason for the decision simply that the GB trails where held in the winter when I was busy snowboarding.


Swiss team trails where held in beautiful Bremgarten on the upper wave, I took some practice rides and was very thankful I remembered how to make freestyle moves in my canoe. I was able to keep the stiff competition at bay and scored enough points to qualify for the world championships in Thun this September and earn the title Schweizer Meister.

My Gran used to say "you are what you wear young man" so I suppose this makes me an airhead!

Big thanks to Ralph and Roland for organising a superbly chilled event, Beat for taking great fotos and the sun for shining on us all day long.

Play safe people of World and see you in Thun,

James