Monday, February 07, 2011

Local Young Paddler - Ben


Hi I'm Ben, aged 11 and I am a keen young paddler. My local river is the Dart (500 metres from my house), which I paddle whenever there's enough water and I can drag Dad out. I first paddled the Lower Dart when I was four and the Loop when I was nine. I have also paddled in France (Tarn, Dordogne, Allier and Ardeche). I paddle a red Jackson 1.5 and use a pair of shortened Werners.

Years of being a bit cold using a wetsuit and leaky "dry" cag ended at christmas when I got a Nookie Assassin drysuit. It's a small, but fits well and Dad says it has room for growth! It is very comfortable and keeps me lovely and warm and dry - proof below after some throw-line practice.



Recent paddling trips have included the Teign and Barle. I love playing in small holes, surfing small waves and practicing my tail squirts.




Looking forward to many more warm dry paddling trips.
Ben