Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Yellowboy - 3rd at Worlds

Hey Just got back from the World Surf Kayak Championships in Portugal. We had an amazing time out there and surfed some fantastic waves under the hot portugese sunshine!
I turned up with my new surf kayak design the 'Alushe' from new surf kayak brand AIRTIME. This is a sub-brand of the very well established and well manufactured Downtime squirt kayaks.
The boat worked really well, carrying loads of speed and is very manouverable. Those two things combined made difficult dynamic moves much easier!
Surfing the 'Alushe' and kitted out in the best paddling gear in the world :Nookie, I gradually made it through round after round and eventually found myself in the final. Now i had gone out there this year to try and match 9th place which i finished last year so you can only imagine how utterly STOKED I am to be sitting here now ranked number 3 in the world!!! Not bad for a soul surfer.

I first signed with Nookie after a chat with Bill Mattos when I was 17... I am 27 this year so 2009 marks the 10 year that I have been lucky enough to be supported by such a great company who support their team riders so well!

Thank you all so much for the support!!

I'd love to stay and chat, but my flight leaves tomorrow for a 4 week surf trip in Tonga!







Life is SWEEEEEEEEET!

Nathan 'Yellowboy' Eades
Nookie Team Rider
Photos Credit: MING FARTHING