My mission for the cold months this winter was and remains, to paddle the awesome rivers down in Chile. I’ve been here for two months now and I don’t want to go home. Lots of rivers, lots of water, warm temperatures, good people and a beautiful landscape. Together with the incredible Nookie gear makes this area the perfect winter resort for kayakers.
We began our trip in Pucon, which is a great place to paddle a lot of small creeks. Then we took our car and drove south all the way down to the Rio Bravo. On the way I paddled some of the best rivers I’ve ever run like the Llangahue, Rio Fuy, Futaleufu and Michimahuida.
So now I’m sitting in my car, writing this in very bad Swiss/English (for Dan to translate back at Nookie HQ in Cornwall, England) and waiting until the mechanic has fixed the broken alternator. I hope it works this afternoon so we can continue our trip to the Rio Baker and Bravo.
So, have fun, ride a turn in the snow for me and we will hopefully see you somewhere on the river.
Don Ron